Thailand offers VOA (Visa on Arrival) for Indians. This makes it one of the most favorite place for Indians.I chose Thailand as it is easy to get a visa on arrival. The process was simple & hassle free. Here is my guide to Thailand visa for Indians.
There are few pre-requisite that need to kept in mind while applying for visa on arrival. VOA is generally valid for 15 days only & purpose of traveling should be tourism only.
- A valid passport with minimum 6 months of validity from the date of entry.
- Two passport size photograph (35mm X 45 mm) on a white background not older than 3 months.
- A filled application form available at the counter.
- A confirmed return ticket within 15 days from the Thailand.
- A covering letter stating details of your itinerary (Contact details, hotel name & booking details)
- A confirm booking of accommodation in Thailand.
- A cash of 2000THB at the counter as a visa fee.
- A detail of 10,000 THB per person or 20,000 THB per family (Bank account statements, credit card statements etc).
It is necessary to submit all the mentioned documents at the counter to have a trouble free entry.
Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok has a proper board mentioning direction for the booth for Visa on Arrival. This information is for first-time solo traveler. It becomes very uneasy to get down on unknown land. Just keep calm, follow the instructions & submit all the necessary documents.
I reached the airport at 4 in the morning & it took me around 20 mins to get a visa. The process was simple. Just fill the form, stand in a line & wait for your turn. The list of required document is also mentioned at the counter.So, cross check documents prior to submitting them.
Make sure you have a hard copy of everything as you need to put all the documents in a folder & submit it to the authority. After submitting the documents, authority will check your application & once everything is checked. They will give you a token number; once your token number comes, get your passport STAMPED.
For more details, you can visit the following website.